Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, March 21, 2014

Peacing it together

All my scattering moments are taken up with my needle.
  ~Ellen Birdseye Wheaton, 1851



Lately, I have become obsessed with quilts and quilting


I am not sure if it is a need for order 
where so little exists elsewhere in the world



Or that my heart is drawn to the potential of each scrap of fabric
becoming a thing of beauty




Perhaps I am hoping that I can take what I learn at
my hoop


 in to the world 
and piece by piece



Help to stitch up a life here

and a life there

until at least a few 
of those who thought they were just a scrap

are whole
and that's poetiquejustis
 
And there was a man who had been ill for a long time. 
  Jesus saw him lying there and said
                                                       "Do you wish to become whole?"
                                                                    John 5: 5-6