Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bagels and Butter

Come Saturday Morning
I'm goingaway with my friend
We'll Saturday spend til the end of the day
The Sandpipers- 1969


There are few moments in the week I enjoy more
Than that twilight moment between sleep and awake

When I realize that it is Saturday

A day off for me

A day off the Internet highway


The email


The rounds of meetings


you know... the whole thing that happens Monday Through Friday

Saturday is....

The Farmers Market


The walk upon the sand

The dipping in to books of no literary consequence

It is the pulling of a weed and the planting of a flower

Saturday is....bagels and butter

 and being thankful for days such as these

 and that's poetiquejustis
“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Exodus 33:14