Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, August 19, 2013

You got some crust!

A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety. 
Aesop

It was just another Saturday morning in my hometown


I drove past the beach near our house 
and my car tried to veer in to a parking space


But I was on a mission
I was finally going to learn how to make a pie crust
from a fabulous pastry chef

One that looked like this
and not like this


You laugh?

Then you never tried to make a pie crust.

I swung in to my friend's driveway
and was greeted by some moms and their daughters
who we were going to share the experience
we were all a  little shy at first
But baking breaks the ice
and who can be shy when you are up to your elbows in flour?

Just a bunch of women on a Saturday morning


 
Wanting to live a little larger than yesterday-
and call a few more people friend
And before you knew it- we all felt like master bakers!

Today-  
 Don't be so crusty!
Have a little fun, 
and make some new friends
That is what life is all about
and that's poetiquejustis
Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble.
Proverbs 17:17