Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, July 28, 2012

Being Nosey

 “All of us have schnozzles . . . if not in our faces, then in our character, minds or habits. When we admit our schnozzles, instead of defending them, we begin to laugh, and the world laughs with us."
Jimmy Durante

When I was a kid, my nose was much too large for my face
OK..not quite that bad...but you get the idea.

I did not know it, however-

Until kids started pointing it out


"the nose knows" was one of the more creative lines I heard


Eventually, I had it "fixed" and I am kind of sorry now that I did

I feel that I betrayed myself and who I was

But....it made my dad from whom I inherited that nose- feel better

Now, my teeth seem to have gone a bit crooked on me

Hooray!  A second chance to be who I am 

and that's poetiquejustis
 Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.
Psalm 119:73