Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, October 9, 2011

Crafty!








I take my craft very seriously.
Jimmy Chamberlin

Our young daughter would arrive in the kitchen doorway
on any given summer day

Rubbing her little hands together and saying:

"I’m feeling crafty!"

That was my cue

Within minutes, our kids

and half their crew they always had in tow

Were scattered around our house with

Bits of string

And glue

And cloth


Snipping and painting and putting what was in their mind on to paper with paste

Now, I wonder....

Did they know,

as they designed their kites and their planes

and their butterflies and their spaceships

from pieces of this and that

That they were learning about life?

Rarely does life come to you as a whole cloth

You must stitch it and glue together bits of this and pieces of that

Life is….a craft

Brightly colored bits of this and that glued together

with

imagination.

And that is poetiquejustis.