Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tag! You're...who?

Friendship needs no words - it is solitude delivered from the anguish of loneliness. 
Dag Hammarskjold
I am at a convention this week in a city not my home
It is very odd being someplace where you need a tag  to let people know you exist

 Spending the day among strangers
Friendly strangers, but strangers nonetheless


Being just a face in a crowd
 
Take off the name tag
and ZAP!

Anonymous!  

But then every few minutes, 
there would be the blessed  ding announcing:





Someone, 1000 miles away – 


Someone who knew me - was thinking of me


And once more I was tethered to life and love and home



 No longer anonymous
I existed

But it made me think about people who spend too much of their life with no one knowing their name

How strange to be a stranger in your own life

Sitting alone in restaurants even if you do not want to with only the waiter catching your eye


 Just another face in the movie theater
always buying popcorn for one

Feeling like a speck in the universe


 Even wondering if God remembers your name



People passing by you and around you but never seeing you


Today, I hope you have the chance to remind someone that you know they exist



Tell them to pass the popcorn and tell you their story

No one should be anonymous, and that starts with you.
And that’s poetiquejustis