Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, October 7, 2011

What's Your View?





I like being near the top of a mountain. One can't get lost here.
Wislawa Szymborska

Here is one thing you can scratch off your 'to do' list:
"climb every mountain".

Not necessary

Not even a good idea.

We all have our own mountain to climb

Our own summit to reach.

Our own sunrises to greet


Our own sunsets to savor





And that climb takes singular concentration

It does not mean I do not care about your climb

I will always be happy to hop over and lend you a hand



It just means that the best thing I can do for you and me

Is make my climb successful
Do what I have to do
Start out each day, put one foot in front of the other
and climb.

It is easier to contemplate other mountains,
rather than doing the work of climbing my own

Filling my days with the news of far away mountain ranges
shaking my head at the folly of the those climbers

But the fact is, they are climbing...tending their mountain.
Not mine
So today
Tend your own mountain
Set your sights on the summit you want to reach today
And then, when you reach the evening,
the sunset will be yours


and that's poetiquejustis