Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, October 30, 2011

Crossings

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it."
~ Bill Cosby


There is a place I need to go

Where I can be the someone I want to be

The someone I was created to be

Doing the work that was laid out for me before time ever existed

But in my mind, it is across a swaying, fragile rope bridge
and below I can see there are rocks to break me and rushing water to consume me
                                            ***

Over a deep chasm

 My fears taunt me

I stand at the bridge

With My Fears breathing at my back

I watch the bridge sway

My hands shake,

But I grab the ropes and start across

The wind picks up and the bridge rocks harder

I hold on

I keep walking

From a distance, 
My Fears scream at me to come back
**
 
I keep moving forward

Until my feet touch the other side

I do not look back

But I know that My Fears have not followed 
and my true  journey begins*
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything 
by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving 
let your requests be made known to God   
Philippians 4:6
 
and that's poetiquejustis


*painting by Slava Brodinsky
** The Scream by Edward Munch 1893
***Ellen Ebert, Rushing Water