Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fingerpainting Souls



"Writing is the indelible fingerprint of my soul on paper" Michelle Buckley

“My bags are packed, I’m ready to go….”

Heading home to California…..to the dreams I left on hold 



and the work that needs to be done



To the chores, and the hugs and the big black and brown dog that that I hear has been moping since I left


I learned something on this trip...

You leave smudges wherever you go


You touch lives and those lives touch yours

And then there are fingerprints prints on your mind and on your soul

Little prints that fade with time but never go away

Like the guy who ran the hotel gift shop and always has a smile for everyone and never forgot your name


Or the kid  who gave me a lift downtown. By day, he parked cars at my hotel


and at night is working towards his  Masters in Psychology so he can some day help abused kids




Or the lady in the airport who just lost her mom and her home and is still being brave


and who said she would never forget me because I was a stranger who listened


Little fingerprints on my soul that will never really go away

Think of all the fingerprints you leave behind each day as you touch lives


You should make them beautiful because they are going to last a long long time



And that’s poetiquejustis