Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, October 1, 2011

Once upon a rhyme

Words should come in pairs

Once upon a time

There were words that would not rhyme

Though most things came in twos



Even fussy caribous


The words that I would choose

Just would not rhyme

There were birds of quite the feather

Gathering together

And doing bird duets and keeping it in time

There were salt and pepper shakers

But for my words, there were no takers

One by one my words just did not care to rhyme

Twas a quandary , twas a riddle

It split my brain right down the middle

Til I realized

And let drop the other shoe

What was missing- what was glaring

In all that wordsmith pairing?

I forgot that me will always rhyme with you

and that's poetiquejustis