Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ode to Istles

 

I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.
Mitch Hedberg


Have you noticed our days are full of life’s little istles?

Like thoughts can be dark


or clean as a whistle


Like words can be soft


or sharp as a thistle

And of course we are warned
never to bristle

When life makes you chew on the things tough as the gristle

If you set istle adrift, 


toss the letterers- get wild

you find yourself on an islet

 putting life back together 

like so many tiles

And as the shadows get longer
and the sun reaches the stile

May you take the istles of life 

and go forth with a smile

And that’s poetiquejustis