Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, January 24, 2013

Calling It a Day


One sun rose on us today, kindled over our shores...
Richard Blanco, "One Today" 

As I write this
My day is ending


It has curled up at my feet with our dog


And the worries and the victories and the furrowed brow

Have all come down to one question....


The freeway has been conquered one more time


The questions fielded




The answers  and the decisions made





Except for that last one....what to make for dinner

And even that may go unanswered
because that may be one question too many
and sometimes you just knowing when to stop
is just as important as knowing where to start
and that's poetiquejustis


God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." 
And there was evening, and there was morning--the first day. 
Genesis 1:5