Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, January 7, 2013

Sunday will never be the same

The most tragic thing I know about human nature 
is that all of us tend to put off living
Dale Carnegie


 I spent this Sunday morning making brunch for the family 
 I did not spend it editing my new book
Then
I turned a bunch of parsley,


 some leftover Christmas ribbon


 and an old mason jar

 in to a rather charming centerpiece
and I did not return the dozens of emails screaming needlessly for my attention

I finished off the afternoon getting trounced at UNO by my 8 year old grandson
Therefore
I did not make a dime 

Impress the multitudes


Or move one inch farther up any ladder

I simply did not have the time

Today
I was too busy just living
Tomorrow is Monday,
and I will work too many hours

fueled by too much caffeine

and lose sight once more of what is important

But maybe
just maybe
Sundays will roll around a bit more often

and I will be too busy living
to forget about life
and that's poetiquejustis

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.
 Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John14:27