Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What Road Less Traveled?

I was born in the wagon of a traveling show
My mama used to dance for the money they'd throw
lyrics: Gypsy, Tramps and Thieves


OK..that is a bit on an exaggeration,
 as I was born in a quite conventional manner


In  quite a conventional place

and my mother leaned more toward waltzes than the dance of the gypsies

more's the pity...

We did, however, move.

A lot
Dad was in the military, you see,
 so....
I was always the proverbial new girl

Trying to figure out the customs, the culture and the cliques!
There should have been a guidebook!
and yet, there were always those who were welcoming
who came in to my life and made that new place home

Beryl Markham said:
“I have learned that if you must leave a place that you have lived in and loved and where all your yesteryears are buried deep, leave it any way except a slow way, leave it the fastest way you can."

I never did figure out how to do that- to make a quick exit and close the door behind me


I do not think I have ever really left any of the places where I have lived and loved

They are a part of me, and I hope I am still a part of them
That is life
That is my blessing
and that's poetiquejustis
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
Ephesians 1:16