Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, January 4, 2013

Just counting my chickens

Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral
Frank Lloyd Wright


I just spent a few minutes on the phone with a student who did not understand her homework

By the time we hung up, the tears had turned to laughter and she was pressing on.

I brought my dog a bowl of fresh water


 and received a thumping wag in return

I had a chance to congratulate a colleague on a job well done

And pray for people who do not even know that I care

 Today, I did not get sworn in to the Senate

I did not try to pass a national budget.


In fact, in Wright's words- I built a lot of chicken coops

Works for me!
and that's poetiquejustis
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might
Ecclesiastes 9:10