Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, January 13, 2014

Notes in the Night





Blues is easy to play
but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix




It was late at night in San Francisco 
 the streets were dark


You know that kind of darkness
The kind you only find on empty city streets past midnight
 A darkness that is more than the absence of light


My head was down as I pushed on 
but  I realized that my heart was beginning to lift


From somewhere, the single sweet notes of a saxophone
A street dweller not yet ready to sleep 
Because tonight
 There was a command performance.
There was a song that had to be played in the concert hall
of the midnight streets
His solo
His Carnegie Hall

His moment

The streets of San Francisco
were silent around him
and so was I



Because tonight he had something to say

About what had brought them all to the streets
To this moment
to this music
To this life


He played into the night 
He played in to the darkness
and he played into my soul


I do not know what song it was 
but I know what I was hearing
I was hearing truth
and I will hear it
for the rest of my life
and that's poetiquejustis

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
Romans 12:15