Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, January 25, 2014

Life Beyond My Latte




A summer's disregard, 
a broken bottle top
And one man's soul
They follow each other on the wind ya' know
'Cause they got nowhere to go
Lyrics: Man in the  Mirror
 
 
when I looked up from my latte
  I saw a man on the streets today


Shabby and homeless
Vacant eyes


I wondered if he was born in to a family that loved him


If he had a big sister that was so excited when he was born

I wondered about his first baseball game


I wondered about his first dog
and then


I wondered how lives can be so horribly scattered like leaves in the wind

And no one seems to notice
Today, perhaps you will notice
And the wind may cease to blow apart
a single life
just because 
you noticed
And that's poetiquejustis
Whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren, so you do unto me.
Matthew 25:40