Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Truth about Travel

I have lost the illusion that travel brings us closer to the truth
Teilhard de Chardin


I love to travel



To see new places 


And meet new people


I even love airports


And train stations


I love the newness


And the oldness



And the unexpected


I expect to  find those things when I travel


But what I do not expect to find
is the peace, and the comfort and the moments 
That can only be found 

by my own fireside
with my own thoughts
and my own books
and perhaps 

a friend or two
that is the truth
and that's poetiquejustis
Everyone will sit under their own vine and under their own fig tree,
 and no one will make them afraid, for the LORD Almighty has spoken.
Micah 4:4