Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, January 27, 2014

Maddening!

How we spend our days 
is of course how we spend our lives

Annie Dillard


Lately, I have been more aware of how I spend the gift of time


I have less patience with the trivial and the contrived
Those meaningless projects whose only purpose is self-perpetuation.

As I plod through the inconsequential


 trying to reach that which truly matters

I quote Alice to myself-
frequently:

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.  
The Cat: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
Alice: How do you know I'm mad?
The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

That is a real possibility
and that's poetiquejustis
 Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12