Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, September 24, 2011

Always Room For One More


Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life! ~Albert Einstein

I love family.
And that is a good thing, because we have become a very big family.
I guess that is on my mind because
we have a nephew here who drove 14 hours just to hang out with us
And another nephew who is a Marine a couple of hours away who is coming up for dinner


How cool is that?
And we are watching football games this week with one of our sons and his wife
and our grandkids have been around as well

Being in our family is a very permanent thing.
Neither wind
nor rain
nor divorce decree
or any other freak of nature




can get you out of it.


And if you marry in to our family
or are in the family of someone who marries in to our family
You are all in
for keeps
and so are any kids you have....
Dogs you adopt....
Or stray cats you take in.

And we do all three of those things


Often.

Our family is about hugs
and saying I love you
and driving 14 hours just to hang out
Our family started with some people being brave about 100 years ago
and getting off a boat at Ellis Island
from Italy, Germany, Scotland and Ireland

They believed in family
And we are never going to let them down
and that's poetiq
uejustis