Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, September 5, 2011

Whatever Your Hand Finds to Do....


Welcome, life's toil! I thank the gracious Giver
Who find my heart and hands their work to do;
That labor done still multiplies forever,
And each swift hour and moment claims its due
Ellen P Allerton, 1894

Labor Day….

The day that celebrates the American worker

Born out of the unrest over poor wages and unsafe working conditions

It is now a day of barbecues and saying good bye to summer

But it is not the day, but the word that has me excited

Labor!

It comes from the Latin word “laborer”- to strive or endeavor

And in modern French and Portuguese, the word means to plow.


It is the root word of laboratory! Labor is not just about doing, but about bringing forth.

Sowing the seeds

Clearing the weeds

Moving the boulders

Labor!

Creating a place to make things grow for you and those you love

Labor is about being mindful…of moving through the fields of life with a sharpness that makes a way for the new

and that's poetiquejustis