Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, September 9, 2011

I Will Not Sail Alone Today



The first hour of the morning is the rudder of the day

Beecher

I love early morning.

…The hours before the dawn when I can think, and read, and write and pray

When the seas of life are before me,

calm and open


And I can prepare myself for the voyage ahead

Like any good Captain, I check the stores upon my vessel-

The thoughts that will feed me

The course I have charted so I can miss the shoals, and reefs and icebergs

The harbors I will visit as I go about my day

I will not sail alone todayI know there are other vessels getting ready to put out to the Sea of Today

They will be all around me, and I will sail through their wake as they through mine

How I spend this hour preparing for this voyage called Today

will set my course and perhaps keep me from altering their course

People ask me why I awaken before the dawn

I suppose I arise early and read, and pray and write

Because it is the only way I will learn to be a good sailor

And that's poetiquejustis



I