Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, September 6, 2011

You Are the Poem


I am not just a suit. I want the poetry back in my life.

Gerald Levin upon his retirement as CEO of Time Warner

Finding the poetry

That which shades and colors and moves your soul

It is easier to feel the poetry some places

A walk on the beach

A contemplation of the sky



But what about the rest of your life?

The many days of your life?

Will you live without the poetry?

Not you!

You will find the poetry in the work that must be done


In the mess that's left behind





In the mess that's up ahead

Where others find frustration and anger
You find the rhythm of your life and the verses that fill your pages
You will not wait for the summer rains or the winter storms
or the pain and ecstasy of love to write your verses
Today is your page
Your life is your pen
Every person you meet
Every deed you do
Is yet another verse in your sonnet
You are the poet
And that's poetiquejustis