Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, September 18, 2011

When I Was Four....






Why can't anyone stay in one place anymore?

Carole King

When I was four, I became an only child.

It was no one's fault

At least not mine

Dad was a Commander, and the Navy decided to ship us overseas

and our family as we knew it ceased to exist

Our house in Maryland... rented out

Our furniture - off to storage

Our dog went to a neighbor

My brothers, quite a bit older than I

were already mid- launch on their life trajectory

One to be an actor

The other to college

Growing up....they were moving off in to their own lives

And....well they just kept going

So

At the age of four, I became an only child.

Those were hard days…for all of us, I guess.

Scattered literally around the world

Hard to find a good memory there

Until today

I came across a patch of honeysuckle


Walking down the street and there it was

I had to stop

The honeysuckle…why did that make me feel...restored?

Oh!

We had a huge patch of honeysuckle at that house where we last all lived together as a family!

It was all along the fence in the backyard and I would make bouquets of those tiny yellow flowers

And my brothers taught me how

to sip the nectar!

I remember the honeysuckle….

And the rest fades away

Today, I wish you a honeysuckle memory of your own

And that’s poetiquejustis.