Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, July 25, 2011

But Seriously?

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds.

A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing. William James

Why are we so interested in being taken seriously?

What is it about us that is always mentally grabbing for the imaginary podium, or life’s editorial page?

Beauty tip: furrowed brows are not attractive.


Let the laughter begin, and let it begin with me!

I am a constant source of humor to myself- especially when I start to take myself seriously

Get enough letters after your name, and that can happen- until you realize you have once more lost your keys, your battle with that last five pounds, and- worst of all- your sense of humor!

Seriously...you just got to laugh!

Today, everyone you meet will have od’d on bad news before they finished their first cup of coffee thanks to the raging media around us.

They will have heard we are in debt, at war, and at odds with each other.

Trust me- they do not need our being serious.

People are looking for hope, for joy, and for someone who can make them smile.

Today- be the comic relief- be the bright spot.

Be the common sense that knows enough to dance.

Have the courage to not be worried about being taken seriously.

And that' s poetiquejustis