Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seems It's Always Tuesday at Trader Joes

My husband Bruce and I were mechanically moving through our chores for the morning….shopping…dry cleaning.

First stop: Trader Joes.

Goodies fell off the shelves in to our cart and at some point we figured we had enough sustenance for the week (once you have the sun dried tomatoes, you know you are good)

When we rolled up to the register, one of us must have thrown out the requisite, “how are you today?” to the checkout guy.

What we got back was a booming- “Great for a Tuesday!”

I surfaced from my mindless miasma to give him a quizzical look.

Wide eyed and innocent, the guy with the name “Jose” on his shirt shot the look right back at me.

“What? Why are you looking at me funny?”

“It is Saturday,” I offered.

Nothing gets by me.

Jose looks theatrically uncertain, but as I am the customer, he lets it slide.

Over the next five minutes, as he bagged the groceries we learned about Jose’s:

1. favorite BBQ restaurants

2. where to find the best fried pickles

3. the joy of being a digital art teacher

4. the problem with pricey breweries with limited microbrews

5. why Tuesdays are such a great day.

Exit Bruce and Patty with smiles, taking a bit more joy in this Tuesday/Saturday world.

There are people in life that just won’t let you get on with the mundane.

They find the need to brighten the walls of tedium with splashes of light and laughter.

If you want to just shuffle though a check-out line -or life-you will have to avoid people like Jose.

They will have nothing of it!

God bless them!

Now go!

Make the most of your Tuesday- no matter what day you think it is.

And that's Poetiquejustis.