Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, July 8, 2011

Making Music in the Key of You

Beauty is being in harmony with what you are. Peter Nivio Zarlenga

I had a friend named Louis.

Birth and geography had put him in to gangs, and ultimately, he died in the streets.

But I remember once, when he was dressed up in a suit for a wedding, or a Baptism, or more likely a funeral and I commented on how nice he looked, he said:

“This is the real me. This is who I am.”

I cannot decide if Louis was one of the lucky ones because he knew who he really was, or one of the most tragic among us because he did not live it out loud and clear.

Bob Kall said “Guido the plumber and Michelangelo obtained their marble from the same quarry, but what each saw in the marble made the difference between a nobleman's sink and a brilliant sculpture.”

Other minds can ponder the outcome of that marble, but as for me- I am impressed with Guido as much as I am with Michelangelo.

Both saw what life gave and they knew what to do with it because they knew how to live in harmony with who they were. The sink was not made because Guido was a plumber or the statue because Michelangelo was a an artist. Their callings were the products of living life in harmony.

The actor Cary Grant once remarked: I pretended to be the person I wanted to be and eventually I became that person.
Grant had started out in humble beginnings, but he had a vision of who he really was.

Living in harmony with that vision is the true art.

Our sons both play the guitars (very well, I might add in a motherly tone) but no matter how skilled or practiced they are, their music would not be right if the strings were not tuned properly.

Each string is made differently- some thicker, some thinner- and they are tuned to the note they are meant to carry. If they are wound too tightly, they break.

If they are left too loose, they cannot be played. Each string has a purpose and when all six are in sync, there is harmony.

So, your mission: find out who you are- where your strings are in harmony. Don’t tell me: I am a mom, or wife, or a Cop.

That is what you do.

Who you are is a much tougher question,

Who you are will tell you how to live in harmony with what you do.

Today, is a song that you began to write soon as you awoke. It is a song that the world will hear in everything you do, but more importantly, it is the soundtrack of your life. Live it out loud and clear and scrap the notes that are not in harmony.

So, go!
Write your harmonious song today in the Key of You.

And that's Poetiquejustis.