Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Want to See Pirate Ships

I had not realized just how dull I had become until my little granddaughter Lauren and I were at the park.

We came across a jungle gym that took up what seemed like a quarter acre

Complete with rope bridges, wheels, sliding boards and ramps.

Bein a practical adult whose mind's eye has been dimmed by the demon practicality

I assessed the best way to get from one end of it to the other without breaking a limb

in the shortest amount of time.

Lauren saw a pirate ship.

Within minutes, I had been shown to my “cabin”

and we were sailing the ocean blue

Firing off our canons, and searching the horizon for other ships.

And to think I could have missed all of that with my from- point-a- to- point -b mindset!

I hear that youth is wasted on the young

I say life is often wasted on grown ups!

I want to see pirate ships in a mess of metal

And fairies on buttercups

Don’t you?

So go….find the magic – it is still waiting for you everywhere

You left- it did not!

And that’s poetiquejustis

Fairy on flower by Marie "Dreamer" Chapa