Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh no! Knot that!


I was in the middle of a run on the treadmill

OK…it was more of a brisk walk…

when I noticed that one of my shoes was coming untied.

Now, the only thing harder than getting me on a treadmill is getting me to stop before my 30 minutes are up.

So, I tried ignoring it

Bet you know how well that worked.

With every step, the end of the lace made its way out of the knot until it had all come undone

If only I had taken the time to put in a double knot.

Lots of things in life are like that.

You take people for granted and when you are not looking, the “knot” comes undone

Before you know it,

they have slipped away.

And you are sitting across the dinner table from someone you do not know.

Or that long ago BFF is now only one of a dozen FB “friends “ at best.

All because you let the ends come loose.

So go!

Double that knot with a hug or a kiss or a phone call.

Don’t wait until it all comes undone!

And that’s poetiquejustis.