Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Parable of the Wok

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task." ~William James

Day’s end division of labor is easy at our house-



One person does the dishes and the other takes Daisy the Wonder Dog for her final walk of the day.


It was my turn to wash the dishes.


I don’t mind washing dishes- suds and water and bubbles and all that


I was mindlessly scrubbing away, staring out the window at the summer night when I remembered we had used the wok.


Yuk


I do hate cleaning the wok.


I looked around the kitchen


It it had already been washed!



Either by myself while in a self-induced dish-washing trance or by my dear husband


Either way- it was done and I was giddy with joy.


The relief I felt was almost silly over something that small- but it struck me:


If having the wok washed already made me feel that light and free,


what would happen to my soul if I just DID those things I have been putting off out of fear, or just plain laziness.


What would life feel like if I did not have this little army of tasks treading after


me whenever I went



....tasks of my own design that I had set aside until the time was right?


What would happen if I accepted that the time on life's clock is always "now"


So go….do that thing you have been putting off


Write that letter or that book...or that symphony.....or that play!


...send out that resume.....


revive that dream- it is not dead....it simply dozed off while waiting for you


Do whatever it is that you have to do to "get the wok clean" .

And that’s poetiquejustis