Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, July 28, 2011

Never Let It Go

Sitting on the steps of Madison Garden- a café in Laguna Beach

Waiting for a friend

I like it here...

It is a secret garden in the middle of town,

And, as the traffic whizzes by on Pacific Coast Highway

I sit,

absorbing the sun and what passes for peace in our mechanized world.

The traffic stopped-

mercifully held up at a stoplight a block away.

I could hear them now....

The garden windchimes making music all around me.

It was like a symphony played by angels.

I was amazed at beauty that had been hidden from me only seconds before.

Too soon, the cars blew up the hill in a new rush, and the chimes were lost once more

But now I knew that the music was there-

underneath it all,

underneath the traffic of the streets

and the traffic of my life

there are always windchimes filling the air.

And knowing that makes all the difference

So go….find the melody beneath the noise in your life.

Can you hear it?

Can you hear the melody playing just below the chatter of your everyday life?

Of course you can.

Hum a few bars....

And never let it go

And that’s poetiquejustis.