Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, July 21, 2011

In Was Just a Moment

Sunny day ....walking by the basketball courts with Daisy the Wonder Dog

There was the usual group of 20 somethings going through their male ritual-

Silently exhibiting the fact that if they had not been roped in to that Ivy League School the NBA would have seen a real player.

It was just another walk taking us past the basketball court - until I saw him

In the sea of tall and tan and muscular….

a scrawny guy, half the size of the others

and no more than 13.

He had the ball and was looking for a shot.

I slowed my stride

I did not dare breathe

The ball left his hands

It arched through the air heading toward not just the basket but what I knew would be a moment in this kid's history...

"remember the time I ....."

"Yea- I was playing basketball with all these older guys and...."

Or nothing.

Time- or my heart, I could not tell which- stopped.

Swish.

I kept walking, knowing I had just been witness to “a moment”.

So go....

Don't let the big guys scare you.

It's your moment.

And that's poetiquejustis