Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bits and Pieces

I remember the day that I decided to stop playing with dolls

We had moved to a new neighborhood

in a new State

to a new life

And my mom left the unpacking long enough to help me get my favorite doll Mary Margaret all dressed up and tucked in to her stroller.

Mary Margaret and I went out the door filled with anticipation.

It was a soft North Carolina morning in late summer- a beautiful day full of promise

So many new things to see!

We came back to the house five minutes later….different.

Some older kids

( not tough to be older as I was only 7)

had found my taking my doll friend for a walk a real hoot.

Mary Margaret and I never went for a walk again.


Those kids are long gone, and I still have Mary Margaret

She sits on a shelf in my study and never tells me who or what I have to be

She has not changed a bit since that day we took our last walk together and I do not believe her little doll soul ever judged me for my decision to abandon her that day

Mary Margaret has always been a very self confident doll, it seems


Kids have it tough, you know.

Someone is always sizing them up

Classmates, teachers, parents, friends

It makes it hard to learn to be a "me"

And it is not much easier when you are a grown up-

There will always be someone who is mean or thoughtless

and you find yourself looking in the mirror asking yourself how you can change to avoid the emotional blows

Maybe if I grow up just a little bit more..

or.....I have a better idea!

Today, in my mind, Mary Margaret and I are going to finish that walk

And the bullies and the brats of the world are not going to stop us

Today, I am going to get that little piece of me back

Join us?

And that is poetiquejustis