Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, August 26, 2011

Song Sung Blues

I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues

Duke Ellington


When my four year old granddaughter is unhappy with the way life is proceeding,
she screws up her mouth,
making herself look like a little fish
and silently stares at whatever or whoever is displeasing her until we figure out what has gone awry in her sunny world.
She is quite capable of doing this for extended periods of time.

I love that about her.
It is so honest

Sometimes, you just have to get it out

The frustration
The sadness
The dust of life that has settled on your soul

You just need to let it out
and if the people around you hear those blue notes,
the ones who love you will nod and tap their toes in understanding,
and the others can just move along their radio dial.

Sometimes the only song that is rising up in you is the blues
It is as beautiful as any other melody because it is yours
Belt it out!
I am listening...
And that's poetiquejustis