Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, August 19, 2011

His Words Made Her Smile


All that is gold does not glitter. All that wander are not lost

J R R Tolkien

Early yesterday, I was at the store waiting in line to check out. There were the usual early morning business people scurrying about grabbing supplies for the day ahead

But it was the man in front of me in line who caught my attention

He seemed to be making the other shoppers nervous

His clothes were stained and worn

He had a hood over what seemed to be unkempt hair, and his tangled full beard covered a weathered face.

People moved around and away from him....

Heads lowered...eyes averted...

When his turn came, he stepped up to the cashier and spoke with the young woman behind the register in quiet, confident tones as he paid for his purchase

I could not hear his words

but I did see something

As he spoke, she looked up and in to his eyes

and his words made her smile

This bone weary young woman who had been on her feet all night at a 24 hour pharmacy-

His words made her smile

And that's poetiquejustis