Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Friday, August 12, 2011

Enough Steam for the Dream



Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Carl Sagan

I had a problem choosing a career because I wanted to do it all-writer, singer, doctor, lawyer-

You name it- I wanted to experience it

Still do.

I was stuck in freeze frame though until a friend pointed out that the idea of doing nothing because I could not do everything may be flawed logic.

I had to agree.

Of course, she was a button heiress- yes, someone has to make a fortune creating buttons and selling them to clothiers, and that is what her family did.

Nice...but I was not sure we were on the same page...

Nevertheless, I did listen to her, and I chose a career...and then another....and another....let's just say we compromised.

My family has this saying: You do what is in front of you and you do it well.

Nobody ever said I had to do just one thing...

You see, I am not afraid of much

The only thing that really scares me is not living life all the way

All the time

I fear living with half a heart

Or half a soul

Or half of my strength

Running out of steam before I run out of dream!

I never want to do that.

I don’t care about fame

I don’t care about glory

I just want to not miss any of life-

my life.

I mean- what if there is a song I am supposed to write….

Or a place I am meant to go and people I am supposed to meet

Do you ever think about that?

That there is something incredible out there waiting to be known by you?

Patiently waiting somewhere in the universe for you to live life flat out until you find it

I am going to find it.

Coming?

And that’s poetiquejustis.