Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Monday, August 1, 2011

We're Going Over the Wall!

The very first book I ever owned was a book of poems by Robert Louis Stevenson

The poems were meant for children...or so I thought

Follow me in to this verse, and you will see what I mean....

The Swing

By Robert Louis Stevenson

How do you like to go up in a swing

Up in the air so blue

Oh, but I think it's the pleasantest thing

Ever a child can do.

Up in the air and over the wall,

Til I can see so wide...."

Can you remember that feeling?

Flying above the world on a swing?

Were you a bird, or a pilot, or a circus performer?

The world around you was silent,

All you could hear was the wind rushing past

And your own joy

as you went higher and higher and higher.

Remember?

You felt as though you could do anything!

Be anyone!

Go anywhere!

So, go!

Capture that moment in your mind again!

Stretch your legs out in to the future and reach

Higher and higher and higher.

Don't look down!

Look out over the wall!

Turn your face to the sun!

Turn your ears to the thoughts that once again say all things are possible,

"up in the air and over the wall....."

And that's poetiquejustis