Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Wednesday, August 3, 2011

You Can Only Go There Once

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”

St Augustine

This week, there will be new pages for me.

I am traveling

Across the country and back in three days.

Traveling is just an excuse to hang out in airports, in my opinion.

I love airports.

I love the goofy shops with the souvenirs.

I am the one who buys the ridiculously priced Teddy Bears wearing t-shirts sporting the name of the city you are passing through

I figure it is better than shot glasses- but not by much.

And I love watching the people as they move their lives around from one place to another.

Kids with backpacks sitting on the floor of the terminal with an unopened copy of Plato's Republic in their lap and an iPod charging in the wall behind them

and business people with their nose buried deep in a Blackberry as they Google the nearest Starbucks

all in flux…..all moving from one page to the next.

And I then love coming home.

Tonight, I sit in this chair knowing that when I come back here in three days, I will not be the same person I was when I left

I will have turned some pages and my life will have new illustrations and a few new words.

And you will not be the same either- for you too will be traveling even if you do not leave town- you will travel from moment to moment……decision to decision…..today to today

Robert Louis Stevenson said:

“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move."

,

So go!

We have a day to catch!

Destination: today- a place where you have never been

See the sights! Hear the sounds! Bring home souvenirs that you will treasure because "today" is someplace you can only go to once.

Bon Voyage

And that's poetiquejustis