Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Blog Heard Round the World

In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be
From Cinderella, Rogers and Hammerstein

Quite by accident

I discovered
That we are not alone here!

that there are people in Russia, Brazil, Serbia, Latvia and a score of other countries
– some in the Middle East- who read Poetiquejustis each day

How cool is that?


 Does that mean that some young mother sips her coffee thousands of miles away as she reads poetiquejustis just  as my friends do here at home?  I hope so,and I hope she hears the common hopes and dreams
And are these hearts oceans away tied together for a moment to ours by words that transcend the politics and wars and the differences?


Does a taxi driver in Russia,



or a teacher in Serbia 



take a moment and share a smile with  poetiquejustis before heading out the door?



just like my family and friends spread around our country do?

There are few things I am certain about- but here is one of them:

I will never be Secretary of State 



 


(and it is hard for me to say that there is anything that I will never be)

but if my scribblings have brought a common moment to people who may not have believed they had anything in common

well,  that is more than enough for me
I am touched, I am honored, I am humbled
and I am happy
and that's poetiquejustis