Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, November 20, 2011

Putting Your Thoughts on the Line

After enlightenment....the laundry
Zen Proverb
 I learned everything I know about doing laundry 
from my sister-in-law Geri

Some people just do the laundry

With Geri ......it was always a science
I even remember the detergent she used seemed scientific!
For Geri, laundry  was an all day project
and the results were always sparkling  socks for her little girls

and linens that would stand up to the scrutiny of a 5 star hotel.


But it was the way she insisted on drying her clothes
that I remember the most
Geri never stuck her wash in a dryer
She always hung her clothes out on the line


I still remember the snapping of the sheets and towels 
as they were dried and freshened by the sun and the breeze


 Remembering all that got me thinking about....well, 
it got me thinking about stuffy, dusty, linty thoughts

 Thoughts can get stuck in life's  dryer!

Tumbling round and round clinging on to themselves
Never getting away from the hum drum 
Still going around in the same old circles
Fearing the same old things
Believing the same old lies

Time to give those thoughts a little fresh air!

Take them out and give them a  chance to hang around with other ideas

Or maybe just float free


Exposing our thoughts to the light that cleans away the bias
and letting in the brisk breeze of change that blows away the old prejudices
Now that is a fresh start to your week....

and that's poetiquejustis