Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Tuesday, November 1, 2011

scribblings



Excuse my scribbling, it is late, and I have a poor candle. 
Henri Rousseau




  My five year old said to me many years ago
“I knew it!”

What!!!
What had I done now in my never ending apprenticeship as a mother??


“You said my picture was pretty and I scribble scrabbled it on purpose to see what you say- and you still thought it was pretty!”


Well of course I did!


Why?
Because it was his scribbling
Scribble scrabble
to a mother?


Monet!


And when he was learning how to play the saxophone and I heard a scratchy rendition of “hot cross buns” for the 82nd time?


I was hearing the next David Sanborn!



He is a dad now…maybe he gets it.


Love may see the scribble, 

or even hear the ....unusual note

But love loves it all and always will

My wish for you?
To have people in your life with eyes that only see the Monet in your scribbles
and only hear  the beauty in your songs
And that’s poetiquejustis
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Corinthians 13:13