Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Grand Memory for Forgetting

One can never change the past, only the hold it has on you
Merle Shain

I have a great family
They all suffer from amnesia when it comes to me.

They never seem to remember the truly dumb things I have done, said or attempted without success.

They spend so much time cheering me on


that they never have time to do an 


That sure makes it easier to let go and carry on.

I Corinthians 13 – what is often called the ‘love chapter’ in the Bible says that love does not keep track of wrongs done.
There is a very practical reason for that.
Remembering what people did wrong takes a lot of energy

Energy you could be using doing something a lot more productive

It reminds me of Scrooge with his little book of debtors

Remember how much better he felt when he threw that little book away?

Today- lighten your load!

Forget about what someone said, or did

or 
you thought they said or did

Thank you, my family and friends for your selective memories
and being able to echo Robert Louis Stevenson when he said:
"I have a grand memory for forgetting"
and that's poetiquejustis