Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Melody of Life

If music be the food of love, play on.    
William Shakespeare



There is a melody that began in my life when I was a little girl



My melody came out of me in nonsense songs I sang to myself as I sailed through the air on my swing


It wandered restlessly through the notes of my piano as I learned to pick out tunes



and my melody scowled at piano teachers who tried to fence it in

My  melody sewed together my teenage broken heart as I strummed my old six string guitar




And was with me as I sang with bands,



and in churches,


and eventually to my babies



But as it happens over the years, my melody became silent- 
Perhaps it was lost in the day to day
Or it just moved on, tired of my being a grown up and never coming out to play


I wondered about it sometime...where it was and how it was faring

Yesterday, our sons picked up their guitars 
and played music that was well beyond what I could have ever played,
and even though their melody gave me great joy
 I missed my melody once again

But when our four year old granddaughter ran in the room 
with her tambourine and her wild love of life to join in the music making, I knew!
There it was! 
Alive and well and very much her own!
My melody  was alive and well and living on in my granddaughter.



Nice to see you again, Melody.
You are sounding better than ever

Today, I hope you find your melody and it makes your heart sing
And that's poetiquejustis