Just some thoughts...

Every day, as I write Poetiquejustis, I pray it will be a blessing to someone.
Today, I hope it is you.






Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Story Not My Own

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. 
Winston Churchill




Tonight I was a part of history


Not mine
History much more important than mine

Tonight, I sat in a small inner city community center with some kids 


who want to go to college

But do not now the way around the paperwork

and the newness

 and the insecurity of it all



Kids whose parents never went to college
But dreamed of something better for their children




and we talked with those kids about possibilities
and all that could be
and they smiled
and believed

Tonight, I watched something begin that will go on long after I am gone

Tonight, it was about the beginning of a new chapter in their history


And I am so pleased to have been a footnote!

Go…find a piece of history not your own

And put a bookmark on that page that will last forever
And that's poetiquejustis
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.Philippians 2:4